Senior UX/UI Designer
At UNest, we're helping parents build a better future for their children by democratizing access to simple, cost-effective financial solutions. We are transforming the way parents save for their kids by offering tax-advantaged investment plans and recruiting a team that is determined to make an impact. If you thrive in a fast-moving environment and want to make a difference in the world, UNest is the place for you.
UNest is seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to build and maintain a strong brand for UNest as a leader in family investing. This role reports to the Director of Product Management and you’ll work closely on a small team to launch features that help execute on our mission to make family investing easy.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about the fundamentals of UNest and our vision
- Gain a deep understanding of product knowledge and how it directly impacts our customers
After this, your day-to-day will involve:
- Define user journeys, interactions, and visual design that increase user conversions and generate product stickiness.
- Maximize usability and efficiency with the sign up flow.
- Design prototypes, launch quick user surveys, and conduct user interviews to capture data and validate product ideas.
- Turn validated product ideas into intuitive user experiences for our community of almost one million community members!
- Work to identify opportunities for platform improvements.
- Leverage both quantitative and qualitative research findings to inform your work, using analytics and data to make decisions.
- Support software engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation for the features and enhancements you’ve designed.
- Improve your team’s work by participating in design reviews.
- You’ll be championing the user's needs in the product development process.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of experience solving complex user experience.
- Previous experience working on mobile apps, preferably in the Fintech space.
- Competence in both visual and interaction design (we’d love to see your portfolio of work!).
- A firm understanding of best practices for responsive web design.
- Experience with prototyping and conducting user research.
- Deep experience with A/B testing suites and methodologies.
- Fluency in Figma
- The ability to articulate design decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a willingness and drive to continuously learn and grow.
- You’ve worked in high-growth environments before and have a startup mentality.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Last Friday of every month is a company holiday
- Remote work
UNest is a mobile app that allows parents to set up and manage tax-advantaged savings plans. What used to take eight hours of time to research we put into five minutes. We’re backed by world-class investors (Anthos, Draper Dragon, The Artemis Fund, Unlock Ventures, Franklin Templeton, and Northwestern Mutual), have a team of industry veterans, and are growing quickly!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
UNest believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.