Director of Hardware Product Management - Pharma Vertical
Other Engineering, Product
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
At Tive, we imagine a fully-transparent world in which everything and everyone is connected. We innovate beyond what the world thought possible—so what people hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe (and live!) four core values:
• Create transparency first—everything else comes second:
We believe that trust is critical, and we depend on each other to be transparent and open—and to consistently deliver on their word.
• Make it simple: We work hard to deliver creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• We’ve got your back: We are fiercely loyal to our team.
• Relentless iteration: Our desire to learn new things and create innovative solutions—every single day—is unmatched.
Whether shipped by road, rail, ocean, or air, Tive reduces shipment delays, minimizes rejected loads, and decreases theft, damage, and spoilage. Our customers count on Tive to ensure that their shipments are delivered on time and in full—because every shipment matters.
Tive is actively hiring a Director of Product Management for hardware serving our Pharma vertical. This product manager will be accountable for thorough user and market research, creation and validation of product requirements, development and launch (in collaboration with our hardware engineering and operations teams) of any new devices, as well as life-cycle management of existing devices. With the regulatory nature of this vertical, experience developing product in a regulated industry is a must-have.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ~10 years of experience developing hardware products in a regulated environment (from ideation through successful release) - you will have the ability to research and distill customer problems, document user workflows and industry-standard operating procedures, write thorough customer requirements, validate beta products with customers, bring products to market successfully, and monitor success post-launch.
- A professional demeanor and communication skills - you will be expected to represent Tive in front of customers during research and development, communicate customer needs to cross-functional teams, and keep the organization up to date with their progress.
- Customer empathy - including a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves, visit customer sites, and get to know the processes and operations first-hand.
- Supply chain or operational product experience is a plus.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be the product lead for a new hardware product in Tive’s portfolio, partnering with hardware engineering, operations, and other cross-functional teams to successfully bring the new product to market.
- You will be the face of hardware product for a business vertical, delivering high-quality data collection and analysis, thorough sales training and support, maintaining user guides and documentation and customer-facing troubleshooting.
- You will be the “go-to” person, ensuring the team is familiar with the product and prepared to support the launch. You will build and evangelize the roadmap, intaking sales/account management/customer support inputs, creating and sharing release documentation, and executing successful launch planning.
- Product managers at Tive are responsible for prioritizing the most important work we can do to make our customers successful. The right candidate will not just have experience executing, they will effectively communicate what should be built, what shouldn’t (yet) and why.
Need to know info:
- This job can be done remotely but requires working normal workday hours in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
We celebrate diversity, and consider it key to our success as both a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.