Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
At Tive, we imagine a fully-transparent world in which everything and everyone is connected. We innovate beyond what the world thought possible—so what people hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe (and live!) four core values:
• Create transparency first—everything else comes second:
We believe that trust is critical, and we depend on each other to be transparent and open—and to consistently deliver on their word.
• Make it simple: We work hard to deliver creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• We’ve got your back: We are fiercely loyal to our team.
• Relentless iteration: Our desire to learn new things and create innovative solutions—every single day—is unmatched.
Whether shipped by road, rail, ocean, or air, Tive reduces shipment delays, minimizes rejected loads, and decreases theft, damage, and spoilage. Our customers count on Tive to ensure that their shipments are delivered on time and in full—because every shipment matters.
As a DevOps Engineer at Tive, you will be working on different aspects of software infrastructure and DevOps and rising to the challenge of tackling a wide array of tasks and projects. Our ideal candidate is driven with great attention to detail and has the ability to work comfortably across all of our cloud infrastructure. As part of your role, you will help to scale a large data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis, and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2+ years of experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and DevOps,
- Experience building secure multi-tier web applications,
- Experience configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems such as TeamCity,
- Proficiency with databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, and MongoDB,
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as PowerShell,
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes to build containerized applications,
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate with the team, and
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
In addition, they may have:
- Experience building scalable multi-region applications,
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka,
- Experience configuring software monitoring tools such as DataDog and CloudWatch,
- Proficiency using configuration management tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation,
- Strong abstraction and design skills, and
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will help to scale a large data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis, and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
- You will use many AWS and Saas offerings to address a wide range of needed tasks and projects.
- You will work to build strong relationships with and support co-workers, including remote peers in other time zones.
- You will contribute to a fast-paced, world-class team while helping grow the company that aims to make this the best place you’ve ever worked!
What does Tive offer?
• A chance to join what may very well turn out to be the most important company in your career.
• The autonomy and resources to build what you know how to build.
• Work with a committed global team that has each other's back.
• Office-based or hybrid options. Your choice.
• Competitive equity to ensure all of our employees have a sense of ownership in the long-term success of Tive’s growth.
We celebrate diversity, and consider it key to our success as both a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.
See more open positions at Tive
Something looks off?