Chief Technology Officer
Software Engineering, IT
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 9, 2023
At Tive, we imagine a fully-transparent world in which everything and everyone is connected. We innovate beyond what the world thought possible—so what people hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe (and live!) four core values:
• Create transparency first—everything else comes second:
We believe that trust is critical, and we depend on each other to be transparent and open—and to consistently deliver on their word.
• Make it simple: We work hard to deliver creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• We’ve got your back: We are fiercely loyal to our team.
• Relentless iteration: Our desire to learn new things and create innovative solutions—every single day—is unmatched.
Whether shipped by road, rail, ocean, or air, Tive reduces shipment delays, minimizes rejected loads, and decreases theft, damage, and spoilage. Our customers count on Tive to ensure that their shipments are delivered on time and in full—because every shipment matters.
As the CTO at Tive, you will pave the way for significant product innovation as Tive continues its mission to pioneer beyond what we thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full. We have all of the pieces necessary for you to be successful: a truly special founder & CEO, a differentiated product offering, a very active and rapidly expanding total addressable market, and a team committed to winning the #1 slot in our space. You get the best of both worlds: a well-funded start-up with a product that has tremendous demand and the chance to influence the future of Tive in a meaningful way.
Tive is actively hiring a CTO. As the leader of the Technology Teams, you will be responsible for mission critical strategy with regard to our software, hardware, and digital operations. You will foster innovation, transparency, and accountability throughout the tech organization. You will guide our strategic direction and the architectural design and development of our systems, products, and features across all functions, ensuring the highest possible technical quality of our products and services.
What do the key responsibilities of the role look like?
- Fostering innovation, transparency, and accountability throughout the Technology Organization.
- Defining a scalable organizational structure and hiring strategy to support the ever-evolving needs of Tive.
- Partnering closely with internal and external partners to ensure the highest possible technical quality of products and services.
- Working closely with Hardware, Software, and Digital teams to direct and guide design and architecture of our systems and products.
- Creating and managing a solid, scalable IP Strategy.
What skills and qualifications do we want in this role?
- A proven track record of managing and scaling software and hardware development and data science at multiple companies.
- A proven track record of building and scaling highly motivated and productive global teams.
- Scale mindset from early stage to enterprise along with experience in process improvement that will foster efficiency.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with compliance and security processes: SOC-2 Type 2, GDPR, and ISO standards.
- Experience in delivering large-volume hardware products (preferably in IoT) to the market.
- Experience in scaling cloud-based products through Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and other cloud services.
- Bachelor's or Masters's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
What does Tive offer?
• A chance to join what may very well turn out to be the most important company in your career.
• The autonomy and resources to build what you know how to build.
• Work with a committed global team that has each other's back.
• Office-based or hybrid options. Your choice.
• Competitive equity to ensure all of our employees have a sense of ownership in the long-term success of Tive’s growth.
We celebrate diversity, and consider it key to our success as both a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.
See more open positions at Tive
Something looks off?