Operations Associate I ($18/hr)
People & HR, Operations
Sacramento, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are looking for operations professionals eager to get in with a well established tech-enabled mobility provider from the ground up. We're looking for people that are eager to help operate a sustainable operation and to help us build upon and improve our existing processes. You must be generally handy, app-savvy, and interested in full time work to help keep the scooter fleet running smoothly.
The Operations Associate I (OA I) role is the beginning of your new career with Superpedestrian. In this role you will learn all the ins and outs of the Micromobility industry at the field-operation level. The OA I role is designed as the learning level position while you are working and training towards a future role in Field Operations. During this time you will be subject to 30, 60, and 90-day reviews to evaluate your training and performance which will determine any possible advancement in responsibilities and earning potential.
- Use mobile apps to execute daily operations activities that support asset deployment and collection.
- Safely drive a van to different deployment locations in the city.
- Handle scooter charging activities and safety inspections.
- Redeploy scooters from low to high utilization areas per direction of Operations leadership.
- Support leadership in addressing any city complaints from acknowledgement to completion.
- Must have availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Keep warehouse in an orderly and tidy fashion.
- Load and unload new shipments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years or older with a valid and in good standing driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have access to a personal cell phone
- Have a clean driving record and be comfortable driving a cargo van
- Be available to work early mornings, afternoons, late nights and/or on weekends
- Preferred, up to one year experience with urban mobility operations
- Interested in learning more about the future of urban mobility, mechanical engineering, software engineering and/or urban planning
- Knowledgeable with a variety of smartphone applications
- Must be able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and be a strong communicator
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be able to lift a 65+ pound scooter 50+ times per shift without assistance
- Retail, hospitality, delivery, or warehouse experience preferred
- Day-1 Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life and Paid Holidays
- $150 /month rider credits added to Superpedestrian mobile account
- Active performance reviews, eligibility for promotion after day 31
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support and mentor each other
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian's future
If you are ready to make a sustainable impact in your community, work with a mission driven team and are excited about joining a growing and innovative company, apply now!
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.