Scooter Technician II ($22/hr)
People & HR
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
The Scooter Technician II (STII) is responsible for maintaining the fleet and managing local spare parts inventory. The STII is responsible for understanding, executing, and logging all types of diagnostic and repairs needed to maintain the fleet and document and report component failures to the Repair Operations Team. The STII will be the primary owner of the maintenance workspace when no Lead Scooter Technician is present and, as such, is responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
Additionally, the STII is responsible for managing, coordinating training, delegating diagnostic and repair procedures, and managing the workflow of a team of Scooter Technicians I’s within the assigned market. They will work under the guidance of a local Lead Scooter Technician when present or a regional Fleet Support Manager.
The Scooter Technician II is expected to be a subject matter expert on all repairs and inventory control processes. In many cases the Scooter Tech II may lead a small group of Scooter Tech I’s. A Scooter Tech II will be responsible for the training and leadership functions for repair operations when a Lead Scooter Technician is not present or assigned to a market.
What You'll Do:
- Minimize the fleet downtime and ensure that all vehicles deployed to the field are safe and pass quality standards.
- Maximize maintenance staff efficiency by reviewing work orders and projects before assigning daily tasks to all members of the maintenance team.
- Understand, execute, and log the training of maintenance staff. Be a teacher and a coach.
- Coordinate with local Lead Scooter Technician or regional Fleet Support Manager to understand business level projects and receive new training.
- Work closely with the local Operations Manager to collaborate on market level challenges.
- Lead the monthly, spare parts inventory count with collaboration from the Operations Manager or Lead Scooter Technician. Ensure the proper submission of counts as assigned by the regional Fleet Support Manager. Collaborate with the Fleet Support Manager or Lead Scooter Technician to identify any parts shortages or urgent needs. Lead the receiving process for monthly parts shipments with collaboration from the Operations Manager or Lead Scooter Technician.
- Monitor daily completed repair quantity- inspecting the end product of the repairs by all technicians on shift to ensure procedures are followed properly and only high quality, rideable, and safe vehicles are deployed.
- Be present and alert for employee-support needed; train and show employees the expected physical and aesthetic standard of their work output.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of every scooter triaged through maintenance and of those in charging stations before deployment.
- Work with the local Lead Scooter Technician or regional Fleet Support Manager for assessing failed rides, vehicle cases, geofence and firmware updates. Raise any trends identified that contribute to abnormal behaviors of the scooter or upticks in maintenance types.
- Review work order compliance by technicians through digital documentation, ensuring proper procedures are followed, correct where necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned by local Leaders or Regional Fleet Support Manager.
Who you are:
- Must be able to lift a 65+pound scooter 20+ times without assistance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous troubleshooting experience required, experience as a service manager, fleet technician, micro-mobility, or technology fields preferred
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and communicate efficiently with managers in a physical and remote environment
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards your work
Nice to have:
- Experience working with IoT devices, networking troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of GSuite
- Past micro-mobility experience
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to the growth and development of all employees
- A group of fabulous, like-minded, driven people that support each other and mentors across the top echelons of the industry
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian's future
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.