Scooter Technician I ($22/hr)
People & HR
Detroit, MI, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We’re looking to hire a professional scooter mechanic with a passion for growing the riding community to repair and deploy our scooters. The scooter mechanic will ensure that all the scooters are in good operating condition, and safe for riders.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the assembly, quality control, and deployment of scooters as they're built
- Perform routine maintenance and on-demand repairs on all scooters in the fleet
- Maintain a sense of ownership over the scooters in the fleet and their condition
- Develop efficient and effective work patterns that allow you to handle the volume of scooters as needed
- Manage a parts inventory system to ensure that our local operations facility has a supply of needed parts and supplies at all times
- Work with the Operations Manager to identify rider trends and behavior
- Work with Head Mechanic to communicate up and down steam to identify problems in the market and solutions from HQ
- Cross collaborate with internal departments including the engineering team
What You'll Bring
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift a 65+ pound scooter repeatedly
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, communicate efficiently with managers
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards your work
- General Mechanical Skills (Friends call you a mechanical enthusiast)
- Basic computer skills (Google Suite/ Microsoft Office).
- Basic Knowledge of Inventory Control and Organization
- You have a basic understanding of coding (Basic Java and HTML)
- 6+ months of Mechanical experience
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.
See more open positions at Superpedestrian
Something looks off?