At Preply, we are unlocking the human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
As a SEM Specialist at Preply, you will play a crucial role in optimizing and managing our search engine marketing initiatives. You will be responsible for creating, implementing, and analyzing paid search campaigns across various platforms, with a focus on driving traffic, maximizing return on investment and managing large-scale advertising accounts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop short and long-term campaign expansion strategies and execute day-to-day tactics that increase traffic, leads and subscriptions
- Measure, optimize and report on campaign performance from an ROI and customer lifetime value perspective
- Continually improve campaign performance by building and running tests, measuring results, learning and iterating based on test outcomes
- Use creative, out-of-the-box thinking to come up with innovative and effective approaches to SEM marketing
- Ensure Preply is among the first advertisers to test out new tools, ad formats, or audience targeting opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience, and use that understanding to build campaigns with on-brand messaging that resonates with the target audience
- Measure and optimize our paid marketing using different Looker dashboards, Google Analytics and other tools for SEM reporting and optimizing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. data, marketing, design, technical) to enable effective campaign execution, reporting, landing page development and A/B testing
What you need to succeed:
- Technical understanding of marketing tracking solutions, analytics, SEM advertising platforms and attribution models. Motivated to learn about and implement marketing automation tools
- Data-focused mindset. You'll need to enjoy numbers, analytics, and ROI conversations
- Customer insight: understanding of target customers and ability to develop effective campaigns based on that insight
- Test and learn approach to marketing: demonstrable ability to create test hypotheses, execute tests, and measure test outcomes
- Creative approach to marketing and out-of-the-box thinking: you can demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative approaches to getting the best performance from SEM marketing platforms
- Ability to leverage data from different sources, and translate it into actionable insights to help you optimize campaigns to more effectively target and convert high value users
- Able to effectively collaborate with design, data, growth and technical teams on projects
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and forecast and report on results
- Self starter, with high motivation and drive, able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities for coordinating across teams
- Experience requirements: 3+ years experience as a SEM specialist
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance
- Access to free mental health support platforms
- Paid relocation to Barcelona, hybrid work model.
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.