Senior Data Scientist - Insights (B2B)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
The Data Chapter drives Preply to make the best decisions for our business, learners and tutors, by building a data-driven organization and the best data products.
We leverage a mature data-ecosystem, built with state-of-the-art technologies.
We have an outstanding data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
This is a unique opportunity to support a new Business Unit as they scale to bring the value of Preply to SMB and Enterprise Customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Iterate on the KPI measurement framework, overseeing the entire data cycle from data sources (Salesforce) to Data Products, both internal and customer facing.
- Design, implement and maintain a reporting network of dashboards and data products enabling the B2B LT team to track progress against goals, drive accountability within the org, and understand business challenges and opportunities through data.
- Participate and work closely with the Revenue Operations team as they establish periodical business reviews (WBR/MBR/QBR) along with the required reporting and deep dives into trends.
- Support all B2B functional areas (Growth, Sales, Customer Success), producing insights and discovering business opportunities, to ultimately pursue them and produce measurable outcomes.
- Enable accurate impact measurement for our B2B product initiatives and an optimal prioritizing of the product roadmap.
- Tackle major challenges such as tracking learning progress for our customers our optimizing our B2B supply.
- Work closely with our Data Strategy team to Define standard methodology, tools and best practices for your team.
- Participate in the definition of tracking events, engagement metrics and key performance indicators.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst (5+ years' experience);Experience with BI tools (E.G. Looker, Tableau) and data warehousing (E.G. Snowflake, Big query, or similar).
- Good and broad understanding of data analysis concepts related to B2B such as (but not limited to) conversion, LTV, cohort analysis, retention, etc.
- Experience producing and participating in regular Business Reviews.
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills.Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new solutions.
- Knowledge of quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, etc.)
- High level of self-organization, ownership, and responsibility.
- Eager to contribute both strategically and hands-on.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses, ideally supporting B2B Sales and Revenue Operations.
- Experience with experimentation platforms, tracking definition as well as AB test design and evaluation.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.