Front-End Engineer (Product-Led Growth)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
The Preply Engineering Team provides the tools to help unlock human potential through learning.
Our team leverages the powerful combination of Python/Django and ReactJS to engineer scalable, resilient applications that provide our users with an exceptional and seamless experience. We implement A/B tests to prove the value of our initiatives and improve our product based on data and user feedback. As part of our commitment to ensuring high-quality products, we prioritize monitoring and metrics analysis to identify areas for optimization and ensure our services are performing at their best. Our team is made up of talented engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions to drive our company's success.
At Preply, we release our product 50-60 times per day by leveraging top-notch CI/CD processes. As a fast-growing company, we have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we even write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills at scale.
Meet the team!
Learning is about more than achieving a goal or performing a task. It's a journey of self-discovery and improvement. That's why at Preply we talk about "learning journeys": we think the metaphor of a "journey" captures the essence of the transformation that learners go through. They start in one place, end in another, and are changed in the process.
And, just like in a real-life journey, there are amazing moments that learners should be able to share with the people they care about: moments of pride, moments of achievement, moments worth celebrating. As an engineer in the Product-Led Growth team, you will help learners uncover and share these moments with the world, while simultaneously spreading the word about the power of Preply in the process.
Your work will help to leverage the power of word of mouth to motivate today's learners to complete their journeys and inspire future learners to begin their own.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to deliver maximum business value by planning, designing, and building elegant solutions, (including any other applicable activities not limited to tech only).
- Collaborate with fellow software engineers, product managers, designers, UX writers, and data analysts.
- Launch product and technical A/B tests to improve user experience on the website.
- Help us make our best practices even better (test culture, code reviews, and so on).
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code, and take responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Design API’s along with fellow back-end engineers.
- Preplers are encouraged to generate and launch their own ideas.
For additional information, check out our Engineering Tech Radar.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 3 years of experience working as a front-end engineer.
- Experience with TypeScript, Next.js, Node.js, GraphQL is a plus.
- A customer-centric, empathetic mindset focused on improving user experience.
- An ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results.
- A passion for learning and desire for self-improvement.
- Exceptional soft skills, easy-going mindset, tolerance to risks
- High level of self-organization, ownership, responsibility.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture.
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com .
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development.
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance.
- Access to free mental health support platforms.
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona, or working remotely within a close time zone.
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching.
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.