Localization Project Coordinator (PTBR/KO/JP/TR)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
If you are passionate about languages, language learning and technology, Preply is the right place for you! Join our dynamic localization team and help us make learning accessible to users across the globe.
As Localization Project Coordinator you will be part of the Localization Chapter and will work alongside Localization Project Managers, Language Leads and our extended team of freelance linguists.
The team's primary objective is to provide high-quality localization of different content types in 16+ languages, and collaborating with internal stakeholders from Product/Engineering, Marketing, Brand, Sales, and other key teams.
Another focus area of the team is to constantly improve the quality of our existing localized content, as well as streamline our operations and processes. Adopting a data-driven methodology, we systematically identify opportunities to better support our non-English users.
In Preply’s localization team you will have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow, developing your skills in various areas of localization operations such as quality management, vendor management or localization technology and workflows
What you’ll be doing:
As Localization Project Coordinator you will be working with Localization Project Managers to ensure an efficient localization operations workflow, as well as high-quality on-time delivery of localized content for our stakeholders. Your core tasks will include the following:
- Coordinating localization requests from business stakeholders end-to-end (including resource allocation, scheduling, deliverables check)
- Providing clear instructions and guidelines to vendors, ensuring high-quality and timely delivery of localized content
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business and localization vendors to resolve any localization related queries
- Acting as first point of contact for resolving localization bugs
- Reviewing localized content for adherence to our quality and brand guidelines
- Identifying opportunities to improve localization processes and workflows
- Executing on and managing multiple localization projects and priorities concurrently
- Supporting hiring and onboarding of new freelance linguists
- Completing occasional linguistic tasks such as quality spot checks or ad-hoc requests for localized content in your native language
- Maintaining documentation of localization workflows and linguistic reference materials such as terminology and style guides.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree, in Translation/Localization, Language Studies, International Studies, Marketing (or a related field)
- 1-2 years of experience in a Localization project coordination or project management role
- Professional fluency in English and at least one other language
- Experience working with industry-standard localization, project management and CMS tools
- Strong organizational skills, eye for detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Growth-mindset, curiosity, and willingness to continuously learn
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Native level in one of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, Turkish or Brazilian Portuguese
- Previous experience with Crowdin, Jira and Monday.com
- Precious experience in vendor management
- Basic understanding of the goals, best practices and metrics of marketing channels (such as SEO, SEM, Content marketing)
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.