Tutor Development Specialist
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
Preply is looking for a Tutor Development Specialist to join the Tutor Development squad. The tutor development team members play an essential role in guiding new and existing tutors to make the most out of Preply, by ideating, designing, delivering and evaluating effective and inclusive synchronous and asynchronous onboarding and professional development solutions for tutors. They do this thanks to their exhaustive knowledge of pedagogy and extensive classroom experience. They combine these with strategic thinking and an analytical mindset, which allows them to see opportunities and realise projects that enrich the tutors' experience on Preply, so that they may in turn give the learners the best possible service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop inclusive asynchronous solutions to improve the performance and satisfaction of tutors, such as e-learning courses or multimedia assets.
- Design and deliver engaging and interactive live remote sessions suitable for diverse audiences, ensuring the content is both highly practical and firmly rooted in language teaching theory and research.
- Design, pilot, and launch scalable assessment tools to ensure tutor learning.
- Implement strategies to boost reach of the team’s CPD solutions, such as completion rates of elearning courses and attendance rate to team’s live events.
- Understand, interpret and challenge data pertaining to the need for specific resources and their impact.
- Take active part in user research initiatives aimed at learning about tutor behaviours, pain points and preferences.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to drive CPD initiatives and to align on development needs.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience as a trainer of teachers of any foreign language (such as CELTA/ELE course tutor or similar);
- DELTA and/or MA TESOL, or equivalent high level qualification in foreign language teaching (any language);
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English;
- Proficiency in day to day work tools such as Google drive, video conferencing tools, emails and so on.
- Ability to understand, interpret and challenge data, or willingness to learn
Nice to haves:
- Experience with both 1-1 and remote language teaching;
- Comfortable working with data and reporting tools (Amplitude, Looker, etc.);
- Experience in teacher training course design;
- Experience in CPD webinar design and delivery;
- Knowledge of UX or Instructional design principles;
- Experience with course authoring tools (Articulate / Captivate or similar);
- Ability to develop multimedia assets such as videos and other visuals;
- Experience managing online communities of practice/interest;
- Experience with AI applications for teaching and training teachers;
- B2 level of Spanish or French.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.