Senior Product Manager (First Lesson Experience)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
As a product team, our goal is to improve the life of our students and our tutors, drive amazing learning outcomes for our learners and enable our tutors to financially thrive through the platform. We want to do this all while generating business value for Preply so we can help even more people! We strongly believe that we can't achieve business success without our students' and tutors' success.
You will be joining the growth tribe, where we believe that long term learning commitment starts with a great connection. That’s why we aim to attract more learners and tutors to the platform, create personalized connections between them and make the start of the learning easy and exciting.
What you’ll be doing:
Within our acquisition funnel, all of our learners go through a trial lesson with the tutor they have chosen. You will own the journey from the time a learner books a trial lesson up until the subscription step, including the trial lesson experience itself.
- Build a magical first lesson experience: You will own the journey from the time a learner books a trial lesson up until the subscription step, in practice:
- Help students and tutors prepare for their first lesson together, build up excitement, reduce anxiety and provide them all the tools for a successful lesson.
- Create a magical in-class experience that is simple and enhances the first live interaction
- Drive learners towards a long term learning commitment (subscription) after their trial lesson is complete.
- Build empathy for our tutors & learners: Talk to our tutors & learners to understand their deepest problems and needs. Combine that with market research to identify areas of growth and opportunity.
- Be an owner: Own features end-to-end including defining product requirements based on deep customer empathy, driving execution, making thoughtful product decisions and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Be biased for action: Balance strategy and developing conviction with quick and lean hypotheses testing to launch MVPs and iterate based on usage and feedback.
- Be data driven: Analyze and make nuanced use of data through our in-house tools to evaluate the business impact of new features and experiences.
- Be a leader: Inspire the team with a vision and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life. Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through deep customer insight, research, and data.
- What this role is not: We are not looking for incremental thinkers or individuals who want a script to deliver against. We expect the successful candidate to truly empathize with our tutors and learners and to challenge the status quo to completely re-imagine the experience for them.
What you need to succeed:
- Substantial experience in product management, preferably in marketplaces.
- Experience in being a hands-on leader to drive results both through direct product development and through strong end-to-end thinking and execution.
- Appreciation for building deep customer empathy as a critical lever to guiding product strategy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Experience building a product in a fast paced, and rapid growth environment.
- Ability to support multiple initiatives at different phases of development
- Strong eye for design and desire to create loveable experiences.
- Strong analytical abilities and live and breathe data.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.