Senior Manager - Growth Strategy Analytics
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
We have a growing and talented data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
You’ll be embedded in cross-functional teams and work closely with our MarTech Product Manager, Marketeers, Tech Leads and Data Strategy teams.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
What you'll be doing:
- Influence the scaling of our marketing initiatives by ensuring precise measurement of both new and existing programs, encompassing SEM/SEO impact analysis, Brand and Influencer frameworks, and geographical expansion strategies;
- Develop and iterate on attribution models to accurately measure the impact of various marketing channels and touchpoints on conversions and revenue;
- Design and oversee incrementality tests to evaluate the true impact of marketing campaigns on user behavior. Analyze test results and recommend adjustments to marketing strategies;
- Create and maintain marketing mix models to assess the effectiveness of marketing investments and forecast future performance. Identify opportunities to optimize the marketing mix. Provide actionable insights to optimize marketing spend allocation;
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of data tracking across multiple platforms and channels. Collaborate with data engineering to maintain and improve tracking infrastructure;
- Analyze user behavior throughout the conversion funnel and customer lifecycle. Identify bottlenecks, drop-offs, and opportunities for improving conversion rates and generating incremental GMV. Use data to drive product improvements and more targeted marketing campaigns;
- Monitor key business performance metrics and provide regular top-line reports to senior management. Conduct in-depth data analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement;
- Build and maintain models to forecast and analyze top business KPIs;
- Navigate ambiguity to help your team decipher complex problems, select an ideal solution from a wide array of analytic techniques and concepts, translate into actionable requirements and when needed be “hands on” in helping your team to review code and insights;
- Develop and Grow your team: You'll need to coach individuals, lead technical discussions, recruit top talent and establish processes.
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or a similar role, with a focus on growth strategy and performance optimization;
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R);
- Strong expertise in attribution modeling, incrementality testing, and marketing mix modeling;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders;
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of analysts;
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills;
- Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new solutions;
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses;
- Previous experience with Databricks;
- Knowledge of Amplitude, Mixpanel or other product analytics tools;
- Knowledge of coordination tools (Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.).
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.