Senior Manager - Product Analytics
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
The Data Chapter drives Preply to make the best decisions for our business, learners and tutors, by building a data-driven organization and the best data products.
We leverage a mature data-ecosystem, built with state-of-the-art technologies. Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the stack we use at Preply!
As Data Managers, we are deeply involved in people, business, products, marketing, and technologies. In partnership with product managers, we look for business opportunities and take them to bring the company to the next level.
All Product Analytics people embedded in cross-functional product squads (approximately 6 - 8) will report to this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hire, scale and nurture a Product Analytics team. Define a long-term vision and set them up for success. Keep them motivated by achieving an optimal balance between achievement and challenge.
- Drive the transition of the Product Analytics function from a reactive service-model to a proactive thought-partnership relationship with our key stakeholders. Inspire the team and drive synergies across their individual areas.
- Master the dynamics of tutors/learners interaction across multiple stages of the user journey (booking, first lesson, etc.)
- Champion strategic projects that will change how we use data, and how we understand our users and business. Promote data literacy and self-service analytics across the organization.
- Enable accurate impact measurement for our product initiatives and an optimal prioritizing of the product roadmap.
- Play an active role in shaping the future of AI-Assisted tutoring and AI-driven learning, in strict collaboration with our PMs.
- Work closely with our Data Strategy team to Define standard methodology, tools and best practices for your team. Participate in the definition of tracking events, engagement metrics and key performance indicators.
What you need to succeed:
- Ideally 3-4 years experience managing an Analytics/Data Science team or a similar role.
- Experience with experimentation platforms, tracking definition as well as AB test design and evaluation.
- Sufficient domain knowledge of Gen-AI and Machine Learning to be able to assist PMs and squads as they design and deliver AI-Driven features
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills. Able to drive processes and culture change to put data at the center of product development.
- A passion for driving insights and curiosity on user behavior and business metrics. Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new hypotheses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses (B2B, B2C, B2B2C).
- Knowledge of Amplitude, Looker, or other Analytics tools.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture.
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development.
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance.
- Access to free mental health support platforms.
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.