Senior Investor Relations Project Manager
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
We are the financial backbone of our company. From statutory reporting to investor relations, from controlling and planning to treasury, from consolidated US GAAP accounting to business partnering, from payments to ERP, from legal to compliance - our responsibilities are broad and deep. Our team has an international background and is built on flat hierarchies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain a company investor relations plan;
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials and presentations to investors;
- Deliver projects on time, within budget, quality standards, and to the satisfaction of our internal clients while maximizing business benefits;
- Contribute to driving and managing a complex and transversal project portfolio roadmap (including resources and financials tracking) to determine which projects should be undertaken, why, when and how;
- Prepare and formalize estimates and a detailed project plan for all phases of the project;
- Report on project success criteria results and metrics;
- Stays abreast of project management and change management trends and leading practices to enable strategic decisions;
- Contribute to ensuring project scoping and formalize the strategic and operational project recommendation and implementation plan with clear milestones, objectives and timeline;
- Ensure day-to-day management of the project and track progress against plan
- Work closely and create trusted relationship with project stakeholders and ensure alignment and understanding of project objectives among the project team;
- Identify risks and manage issues that could arise and ensure proper monitoring and reporting to project Sponsor and key stakeholders;
- Develop a clear and complete Adoption plan to monitor and support the performance post-go live, aligned to other streams;
- Work with a cross-functional team (operations, marketing, finance, procurement…) to ensure a profitable and flawless execution;
- Work with the country's senior management to develop profitability analysis for new ideas/businesses.
What you need to succeed:
- Around 5-8 years’ experience in a commercial finance/ FP&A function, investor relations, investment banking, or analytically focused role requiring strong commercial creativity and sound financial skills;
- Strategic thinking, with good commercial acumen and judgment;
- Ability to quickly adapt a new fast-paced environment and grasp new skills;
- A goal getter – ability and willingness to go above and beyond the defined scope;
- Ability to challenge, support and collaborate with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills – including strong attention to detail and Excel/financial modeling skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills – with ability to recommend clear decisions and to convey messages in a clear and concise manner;
- The ability to liaise confidently and influence at all levels within and outside the company;
- A team player, independent and self-sufficient, able to cope effectively under pressure;
- Sound project management skills, able to effectively prioritize your work;
- Highly analytical mindset with strong attention to detail and willingness to dive deep;
- A self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment;
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets;
- Ability to respond sensitively and appropriately to confidential issues and information;
- High level of accuracy, consistency and timely responses are essential.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.