Strategy & Operations Manager
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Reporting directly to our Senior Director of Strategy & Planning, you will play a critical role in driving the growth and success of our organization. At Preply, the Strategy team does more than just slides, we go deep into the most impactful initiatives and work alongside the different teams to deliver meaningful impact for Preply. We also work closely with the leadership team in shaping the company's strategic direction. You will leverage your strategy toolkit and project management abilities to drive business performance and position us as a leader in the EdTech space.
The successful candidate will support Preply achieve its ambitious goals and create new ways of working to help us scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving key strategic initiatives that drive high impact across the business, such as evolving our business model and pricing in B2C and/or B2B, review platform rules and policies, set up Product Operations to coordinate all Product & Design teams, and more.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements and ensure alignment with growth objectives.
- Providing insights and recommendations on market positioning, product differentiation, and competitive strategies.
- Assessing and prioritizing new market segments, product offerings, potential M&A targets and partnerships based on market potential and business impact.
- Analyzing market entry strategies for expansion into new regions and developing business cases to support decision-making.
- Conducting regular data-driven analysis and researching to identify areas of improvement and recommend new growth initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- Five years experience in inhouse strategy, top-tier management consulting or similar.
- EdTech or Big Tech experience are highly appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience leading highly impactful projects cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create compelling presentations and reports for executive audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information into actionable insights.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, create pragmatic solutions, and find shortcuts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships across different teams and levels of seniority
- Customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills.
- Passion for education and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the EdTech industry.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.