Platform Engineering Manager
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
We’re looking for an ambitious Engineering Manager with proven track record of delivering amazing business results, having engineering team as a key instrument and strong enough technical expertise to be able convert tech platform-related projects in High-ROI success stories
Meet the Team!
Site Reliability Engineer's squad is a top-performing Team of 8 senior engineers with diverse and versatile backgrounds which is responsible for:
- Top in the industry uptime record of Preply
- Top-of-the-art and business-efficient Developer Experience of our CI/CD
- Running infrastructure in a most cost efficient way
As an Engineering Manager of the SRE squad you’ll have a unique opportunity to work with the exceptional team with a great track record of performance. Working at the intersection of multiple departments (Engineering, Data, Finance, Marketing) and having a huge potential for team and your personal growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying potentially High-ROI projects, aligning stakeholders and delivering projects with the team.
- Keep building the Team making it an example of a highly functional team.
- Face a challenge of growing senior engineers to principle level and above.
- Raising the bar of performance management, hiring & firing.
- Managing infrastructure budget in the most business efficient way.
What you need to succeed:
At Preply we value drivers, not passengers.
The following expertise will help you to flourish on this role:
- People-Centric Approach and Team Building skills: we’re looking for a person with a passion for building strong, result-oriented teams and having a team as a main means of achieving results.
- Results-Oriented: Driving performance. Motivate team on setting and achieving ambitious, business focused and measurable goals
- Ethical Leadership: Lead the team by example, demonstrating unwavering commitment to ethical behavior and integrity. Being a moral compass of a team, Instill a culture that values honesty, fairness, and transparency in all engineering endeavors.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance
- Access to free mental health support platforms
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona, or working remotely within a close time zone
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching
But there’s more. At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world. You’ll get to be a part of our online learning innovation!
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and B2B products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 500+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US.
We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we say:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.