Senior People Partner
Join the People team!
At Preply, we are constantly pushing the limits when it comes to our People and Culture, we are evolving processes for a fast scale up environment, developing new ways to accelerate the business through People initiatives and programs and making Preply a place where people can perform at their best and love what they do.
Are you an experienced People professional who loves sales? Want to be part of Preply's success by scaling our fastest-growing area, Preply Business? If you enjoy the exciting world of data-driven sales where results are tangible, teams are ambitious, growth is off the charts, and the culture is solid. Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
As a member of The People Team, your role will involve supporting our rapidly growing division, 'Preply Business.' As a Senior People Partner, you will play a vital role in driving the success of our sales team and nurturing a high-performance culture. Your expertise in expanding sales organizations worldwide and fostering a strong culture will be crucial in helping us achieve our mission of unlocking human potential through learning. Get ready to make a meaningful impact and have a whole lot of fun along the way!
What you'll be doing:
- Strategic Partnership: Be the go-to advisor for the sales leadership team (Chief revenue officer and leadership team), offering expert guidance on all things related to people, talent, organization, sales comp strategies, and growth opportunities. Connect the dots between business and people, always driving the business forward by enabling people to be their best.
- Evolve People Processes: Build on our People processes and initiatives and tailor them to the world of sales, driving our business goals and setting our teams up for success. Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things.
- High Performing teams. Develop sales performance methods, and coach managers on how to effectively manage performance, whilst not losing sight of our rockstars develop and recognise them.
- Employee Engagement: Utilize our Culture Amp tool to boost the engagement and happiness in our already super engaged team. Team up with sales leaders to create strategies and action plans that foster a positive and inclusive work environment that helps everyone thrive.
- Comp and Ben - Partner closely with our comp and ben team to take our sales comp plans to the next level. Ensure that we're aligning performance metrics and nailing those sales commission calculations with precision.
- Data Analytics: Tap into the potential of our people data and analytics, providing valuable insights and recommendations to sales leaders. Utilize metrics and KPIs to measure the impact of our people initiatives and drive exceptional outcomes.
- Change Management: Support our sales leaders in managing organizational changes. Be the master of effective communication and help us embrace change with a growth mindset. Now is the time!
- Talent Acquisition: Team up with our Talent Acquisition crew to find the best sales talent out there, we are growing fast and want a diverse and high-performing team to help us achieve our goals.
What you need to succed:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Partner or in a similar capacity within a people team, demonstrating a solid understanding of people practices and strategies.
- Proven track record of working directly with sales functions or being closely aligned with sales as a primary stakeholder, showcasing the ability to effectively support and align people initiatives with sales goals.
- A strong passion for pushing boundaries and exploring new possibilities in the people field, showing a desire to innovate and drive positive change within the organization.
- Being based in Barcelona, or willingness to relocate.
- Fluency in English
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance
- Access to free mental health support platforms
- Flexible set-up in Barcelona with the option of paid relocation
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching
But there’s more. At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world. You’ll get to be a part of our online learning innovation!
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and B2B products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 480+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US.
We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we say: Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.