At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create personalized live language classes with AI-powered tools & content. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated.
Meet the team
The role of the Creative Director is key to helping learners and tutors grow and succeed: they help make sure every part of the Preply experience, on and off the platform, conveys the value Preply brings to the world of online education by crafting a consistent, elegant, and inspiring experience.
You will be leading a team of creative designers and writers as a community to work together collaboratively, creating a life-changing experience for tutors and learners.
What you’ll be doing:
Marketing & Brand Design
- Incorporating Preply's value proposition and key messages into a recognizable and beloved brand experience inside and outside of the product experience
- Manage internal stakeholders through large-scale initiatives that redefine how Preply presents itself to the world
- Be accountable for team performance, setting targets and monitoring progression towards achievement of these targets and other team KPIs
- Build and manage an internal creative team that delivers the “everyday” creative work Preply needs to continue to grow and develop
- Deliver high-quality creative production + define processes and measurement frameworks. Promote and implement testing and iteration mindset within the team to ensure we continuously improve how we work and adapt creative production.
- Work with external agencies when needed for large-scale initiatives, e.g. translating the outcome of the workshops into inspiring creative work
- Ensure the team is creating high quality engaging content for our marketing channels (blog, email, social, affiliates, display…) and integrated marketing campaigns;
- Liaise with departments and interpreting their briefs.
- Be the person that provides a consistent user journey through all product and marketing touchpoints;
Additionally with the Product Design team
- Collaborate with the design system, product design and tech teams to ensure the delivery and application of Preply’s new brand into the product experience
What you need to succeed:
- Proven experience leading teams (internal/external) to deliver world-class creative brand work for digital brands
- At least 10 years of professional brand/creative experience, primarily Client Side and solid experience in leading and growing a team
- You have a pulse on creative trends in digital marketing and culture, and a creative sensibility and attention to detail that extends across different design aspects
- You excel at building strong cross-functional relationships in fast paced organizations
- Strong knowledge of creative processes and project management
- Recent experience launching creative campaigns or original content programs and if possible a rebranding effort
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- Proven experience managing, training and mentoring junior graphic & motion designers and copywriters
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative campaigns and brand work with your role clearly defined
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Design or related fields is a plus
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- A flexible set-up, working remotely (with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona for those interested!);
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.