Talent Acquisition Specialist
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
Working as a Talent Acquisition Specialist at Nuvocargo presents an unique opportunity for professionals seeking an enriching and fulfilling career. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you'll be at the forefront of shaping the organization's future, identifying and recruiting top-tier talents, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and dynamic workforce. Nuvocargo's vibrant and collaborative culture empowers every team member, providing continuous growth and learning through supportive mentorship and cutting-edge resources. Join a passionate team dedicated to revolutionizing global trade, making a lasting impact, and propelling your career to new heights.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Own and create strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs for all the non-tech departments.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment processes: source candidates through various channels, coordinate interviews and selection processes, create and negotiate offers.
- Act as a consultant, strategize and coordinate with hiring managers on different ways to identify staffing needs and determine selection criteria to hire the best talent.
- Create an inclusive hiring strategy to approach people from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify areas for improvement in our recruiting processes and offer solutions to deliver a world-class candidate experience.
- Be an ambassador of Nuvocargo's values and culture.
- Collaborate closely with Nuvocargo leaders to understand strategic goals, talent needs, and challenges while providing HR guidance and support to foster a positive work environment.
- Facilitate performance management, talent acquisition, employee relations, and HR initiatives within Nuvocargo, ensuring alignment with company-wide goals and fostering a culture of adaptability and inclusivity.
What you know:
- You have from 3 to 5 years of recruitment experience in a startup or another fast paced environment. You are familiar with the recruitment processes and are ready to tackle your next challenge!
- You speak both English & Spanish. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, switching between English & Spanish will be part of your daily activities.
- You are able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires.
- You have a full understanding of social media, C.V. databases, professional networks, and knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- You apply a positive, proactive attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to each interaction internally and externally.
Who you are:
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes.
- You are disciplined and organized. You have a proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines. Your best weapons are organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You think BIG. You are excited to learn about and utilize new recruitment tools and don’t get stuck in the status quo processes or tools.
- You have empathy across cultures. Nuvocargo's culture lives at the intersection of Silicon Valley, the logistics industry, the US, and Latin America. You have the unique ability to communicate with teams from different work cultures and geographies and feel like this is the place where they will do their life's greatest work.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems for your teams who are on the frontlines with decisiveness and empathy.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Sales leaders, carrier reps, operations reps, shippers, and carriers all love working with you because you make them all feel heard and you’re able to find a middle ground in dissenting opinions.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to working with you!
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!