Lead Mechanical engineer / 3D Printing Development Lead
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
The person who will join us will have the opportunity to shape the future of housing sustainability by leading the development of new 3D printers and 3D printing technologies. You will be responsible for developing, advancing, and introducing new methods of 3D printing in the company, closely collaborating with the material development team. You will lead your team of engineers and facilitate the new technology introduction across multiple offices and factories of the company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Form a vision of 3D printing technologies within the company
- Manage the development of new 3D printers and 3d printing systems, lead improvements to current 3D printers
- Lead a team of talented engineers (approx. 5)
- Develop business processes both at the team and company level
- Manage contractors involved in the development and manufacturing of 3D printers
- English - fluent
- Technical degree (Masters)
- Experience in managing the development of complex industrial equipment (ex: production lines, conveyors, robotic cells, CNC machines, 3d printers, etc.)
- Experience in product development from requirements to mass production
- Experience in people management
- In-depth knowledge of project and product development
- PhD in Physics/Math/Engineering/etc.
- Experience in the development of new advanced manufacturing technologies, CNC machines, and robots.
- Experience in the 3d printers’ development
- Entrepreneurial experience
Something looks off?