Mission Operations System - Senior Full Stack Developer
Lynk is the only patented, proven, and commercially-operational satellite-direct-to-standard-phone (sat2phone) system in the world. We will enable all 8 billion people on the planet to stay connected with the existing standard phone in their pocket. Everywhere. No matter what.
By joining Lynk, you will have the opportunity to directly touch the lives of billions. Your mission will be to bring mobile broadband to billions, pull hundreds of millions out of poverty, and save countless lives.
Lynk is looking for a Mission Operations System – Senior Full Stack Developer who can support the venture’s efforts to build out and test the key technologies related to the firm’s space and ground payloads. If you love working in teams to develop software for complex ground systems, then you should come to help Lynk build the most novel communications system the world has ever seen.
You will be an integral part of the software development team and contribute to the design, development, integration and testing of our constellation’s ground systems. You will have a key role in the evolution of the cloud systems that will support our growing satellite fleet around robust backend APIs and modern front-end applications that are used daily for satellite operations as well as for planning and analysis.
No space-related experience is required. Creativity and a willingness to learn new things are a must! If you enjoy the challenge of building software at scale as part of a team and have a track record of developing applications end-to-end, then we look forward to meeting you!
- Gather requirements and help define APIs and data models for our growing suite of microservices
- Contribute to the design and documentation of the overall system architecture, ensuring scalability, reliability, security, and efficiency.
- Implement backend services to support planning and operations of our constellation (telemetry, command, orbital predictions, scheduling, etc.)
- Implement modern frontend applications for operations and internal applications (dashboards, data analysis, reporting, etc.)
- Update, maintain backend services and front end applications, and provide subject matter expertise to Mission Operations Center personnel.
During the first 12 Months, as part of a small team of software engineers:
- Increase System Scalability: Enhance the MIssion Operations System to support a large fleet of satellites and ground stations concurrently through leveraging cloud-based technologies and distributed architectures with the aim to improve resource utilization and system availability.
- Optimize Database Performance: Optimize databases to handle rapid scaling in data volume while improving response time by implementing performance enhancing strategies and mechanisms necessary to support anticipated growth in satellite and ground station data.
- Enhance Security Measures: Fortify the system against potential threats through best practices and security protocols through implementing a zero trust architecture, advanced authentication and encryption technologies for data in transit and at rest.
- Implement Monitoring and Alerting System: To support continuous improvement of critical issue response time, develop and integrate a comprehensive monitoring and alerting system that provides real-time insights into the health and performance of the system with a system uptime of greater than 99.9% by implementing industry standard tools, custom tools where necessary, and automated alerting mechanisms.
- Team Development: Prepare supporting material and conduct regular knowledge sharing sessions to familiarize the development team with the technologies and best practices used in developed systems ensuring that the development and support teams can independently work with the new technologies and tools within a critical operations environment.
- Demonstrated success in a leading role developing backend and frontend software for high availability systems (must have)
- Strong knowledge of at least 2 server-side languages (e.g., Java, Node, Python, Go, Rust)
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD pipelines as well as with frontend testing automation using tools such as Selenium, Cypress or Playwright
- Understanding of caching mechanisms and technologies (e.g., Reddis, memcached)
- Familiarity with best practices for microservices design/modeling (e.g., Swagger/OpenAPI, UML) and testing (unit testing and functional testing with tools such as Postman or Insomnia)
Washington, DC area