Satellite Quality & Test Technician
Lynk is the only patented, proven, and commercially-operational satellite-direct-to-standard-phone (sat2phone) system in the world. We will enable all 8 billion people on the planet to stay connected with the existing standard phone in their pocket. Everywhere. No matter what.
By joining Lynk, you will have the opportunity to directly touch the lives of billions. Your mission will be to bring mobile broadband to billions, pull hundreds of millions out of poverty, and save countless lives.
Lynk is looking for a knowledgeable and detail oriented Satellite Quality & Test Technician to support the development, fabrication, integration, and testing of our ground and flight systems.
We build spacecraft fast so the perfect candidate for this role will have significant previous experience testing, troubleshooting, and modifying spacecraft components, assemblies, sub assemblies, and flight units, particularly on rapid timelines. We are looking for people that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
The Satellite Quality & Test Technician will perform testing and inspections on ground and flight systems, subsystems, and components in a rapid pace development environment where documentation and guidance may be limited. This includes:
- Component level testing to include electrical power and baseline performance, mechanical fit checks and helicoil inspections, and RF testing
- Subsystem and flight testing, including RF performance, signal loss, power, and performance
- Environmental testing including component and subsystem level vibration, thermal, vacuum
- Mechanical QA inspections using schematics, drawings, and oral instructions
- Electrical QA inspections using schematics, drawings, and oral instructions
- Constructing wiring harnesses and other support equipment to aid test campaigns
- Constructing mechanical support equipment to aid test campaigns
- Identifying and proposing electrical or mechanical modifications, rework
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Review, define and execute detailed test plans
- Maintaining test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.),
- Maintain and keep current certifications on tools and equipment (Torque wrenches, precision tools, etc.)
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree
- 3 to 6+ years of experience performing assigned related technical tasks
- Demonstrated ability to use standard electronic assembly tools and materials
- Demonstrated ability to perform soldering to standards required for test hardware
- Demonstrated ability to use standard fabrication equipment such as 3D printers and machine tools
- Demonstrated ability to use standard electronic and environmental test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to use oscilloscopes, multimeter, signal generators, spectrum analysers and other test equipment preferred