Ground Systems - Senior Full Stack Developer
Lynk is the only patented, proven, and commercially-operational satellite-direct-to-standard-phone (sat2phone) system in the world. We will enable all 8 billion people on the planet to stay connected with the existing standard phone in their pocket. Everywhere. No matter what.
By joining Lynk, you will have the opportunity to directly touch the lives of billions. Your mission will be to bring mobile broadband to billions, pull hundreds of millions out of poverty, and save countless lives.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Lynk, you will be an integral part of the software development team and contribute to the design, development, integration and testing of our constellation’s ground systems. You will have a key role in the evolution of the cloud systems that will support our growing satellite fleet around robust backend APIs and modern front-end applications that are used daily for satellite operations as well as for planning and analysis.
If you enjoy the challenge of building software at scale as part of a team of aerospace and software engineers and have a track record of developing applications end-to-end, then we look forward to meeting you! No space-related experience is required, but creativity and a willingness to learn new things are a must!
As a Full Stack Developer on the Ground Systems team, your core responsibilities are as follows:
- Gather requirements and help define APIs and data models for our growing suite of microservices
- Implement backend services to support planning and operations of our constellation (telemetry, command, orbital predictions, scheduling, etc.)
- Implement modern frontend applications for operations and internal applications (data analysis, reporting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (or more) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering technical field.
- 7-10+ years of software development experience is desired
- Strong knowledge of at least 2 server-side languages (Rust, Go, Java, Node, Python)
- Familiarity with SQL and at least one RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- General understanding of caching mechanisms and technologies (Reddis, memcached)
- Familiarity with best practices for microservices design/modelling (Swagger/OpenAPI, UML) and testing (unit testing and functional testing with tools such as Postman or Insomnia)
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and CI/CD pipelines as well as with frontend testing automation using tools such as Selenium, Cypress or Playwright
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment