Director of Satellite Operations
As Director of Satellite Operations at Lynk, you will direct the development of the Satellite Operations Center (which covers flight and network operations) and manage the Satellite Flight Operations team that is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all Lynk satellites. This team will perform routine operational tasks on the satellites and ground systems, special activities in response to non-nominal conditions, off-line support functions, together with first level trouble shooting and anomaly resolution of the satellites and ground system. Working with the Satellite Engineering Team, you will oversee the initial deployment and check out of each satellite and its transition to normal daily operations. Your team will develop scripts and procedures that result in a highly automated environment where the Satellite Flight Operations Engineers focus on the supervision and monitoring of automated procedures rather than in their manual execution. Additionally, you will direct the architecture definition, design, development, testing, and transition to operations of the Satellite Operations Center that covers satellite command and control, health monitoring, and telecommunications network operations.
The Director of Satellite Operations at Lynk is responsible for the following:
- Manage the Satellite Operations Team as they perform the following tasks to manage the Lynk satellite constellation:
- Perform mission design, flight dynamics, and navigation analyses in support of mission planning
- Review satellite telemetry to assess satellite health and status
- Create, review, validate, and execute real-time satellite commanding plans required for routine operations and anomaly resolution activities
- Monitor ground systems to verify operational status, detecting and reporting anomalous conditions that could adversely affect operations.
- Direct the development and evolution of ground systems needed by the Satellite Operations Team to manage a continuously expanding Lynk satellite constellation including:
- Definition and continued evolution of the Ground system Architecture and Concept of Operations for satellite and related ground systems as the Lynk satellite constellation expands
- Evaluation and selection of partners providing access to remote ground stations and other ground segment systems.
- Identification of opportunities to automate operations and implementation of the relates software systems required.
- Oversight of development and test of Lynk Satellite Operations Center (both satellite and ground network)
- A Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or relevant technical field from an accredited university; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- 20+ years of experience in satellite operations and/or ground and control systems definition and development.
- Demonstrated experience as a Technical Lead and/or PM in Satellite Operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management processes for Satellite operations and development efforts.
- Experience transitioning emerging technologies from a design concept to a functioning end-product is a plus.
- Demonstrated communication/presentation (oral and written), critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an attention to details.
- Must be good with computers. Fluent in Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX; Very capable with Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word).
Something looks off?