VP of Solutions Engineering & Client Delivery
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
Lily AI is seeking a Vice President of Sales Engineering and Client Delivery with proven leadership experience with SaaS sales. We are looking for a leader who will inspire and motivate the team on a daily basis while also leading by example. In this key leadership role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping the success of our company by bringing innovation and creative agility to the sales engineering and client delivery process, in order to accelerate our market growth trajectory.
We want our leaders to feel empowered - not only in their specific role yet also as relates to the overall organization. We seek leaders who have an impact outside of their core sales function by demonstrating broader organizational leadership and producing results that will help us scale effectively. This particular position will have an immediate impact on our revenue and will start by implementing a defined, consistently executed sales process.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a high- performing team of solutions engineers and architects, ensuring collaboration and a unified approach to client engagement
- Responsible to provide product/service advice and technical guidance to sales representatives, partners, and prospects while empathizing with their business challenges
- Work closely with the product and technology team to provide a customer feedback loop that will drive the product roadmap and ongoing innovation
- Create and deliver customized product demonstrations for prospects, customers, and partners both in-person and remotely
- Oversee the seamless transition from sales to implementation, ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments:
- Customer Success to document and scope implementation services
- Product and Engineering teams to return product feedback to inform future product requirements/enhancements, and influence the product roadmap
- Cultivate and nurture strategic partnerships with key clients, aiming for long-term relationships and repeat business
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technological advancements to guide the development of innovative solutions
What we consider critical for this role:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in customer-facing technical roles with SaaS solutions in a B2B environment
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role, ideally running customer-facing technical teams in SaaS solutions, with a track record of successful team leadership and mentorship
- Experience working with enterprise retail customers in a technology startup environment and ideally in a role where you have managed teams that sold high ACV technology into large retail organizations
- Experience positioning an application that may require a customer’s change in process
- Strong technical aptitude for learning and understanding new technologies
- High level of comfort turning an unstructured environment into a finely-tuned machine
- Ability to build and retain teams comprised of smart and empathetic people
Currently, we are hiring from the following states – (candidates must be in current residence or open to relocating):
Alabama • Arizona • California • Florida • Georgia • Illinois • Indiana Massachusetts • Minnesota • Nevada • New Jersey • New York • North Carolina • Rhode Island • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Virginia • Washington
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $250,000 - $350,000 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.