Senior Software Engineer
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement robust, large scale, low latency services in the core product discovery platform
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams, product managers, ML scientists and other stakeholders to build end-to-end solutions
- Champion best practices in design, coding, testing, monitoring and documentation
- Leverage your experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems to scale up our platform to handle large volumes of data and customers
- Participate and contribute to design, architecture discussions and code reviews.
- Maintain high operational awareness of our entire platform and triage, troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
What we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years SaaS product development experience, preferably building data centric applications at scale
- 3+ years of experience with full stack development using Java, J2EE, REST, web services
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Deep understanding of microservice architectures, messaging/queuing systems, stream processing systems (like Kinesis, Kafka),Elastic Search
- Understanding of database systems(both RDBMS and NoSQL such as mongoDB, DynamoDB) PL/SQL, Stored procedures, views & functions, scaling & performance fine tuning.
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS or GCP, and container systems such as Docker
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills, with the ability to detect and diagnose anomalies, errors, or issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate in an energetic cross-functional group
- Exposure to agile & scrum methodologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent