Content Marketing Manager
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to lead Lily AI’s content efforts to drive business impact. This role spans strategy through execution. The ideal candidate understands the power of building creative and relevant full funnel content to engage our desired audiences, impact pipeline growth, and acquire new customers. Yet before we get into specifics, please know that most importantly, we seek someone who can write — really well. Short form. Long form. Copy. Research pieces. Opinion pieces. Product pieces. Video scripts. The whole gamut. And we want a teammate who loves the craft of the story and the excitement that comes when we produce such engaging content that it inspires someone to want to learn more.
The candidate must be passionate about how content drives business results and must understand the role that different types of content can play in helping a business scale and grow. The Content Marketing Manager will work closely with our Product, Customer, and Sales teams. We are looking for a bright B2B marketer with creativity, curiosity, content breadth and a track record of success within SaaS companies. Equally important, we are a startup enjoying accelerated growth so urgency and grit are valued as well. This isn’t a ‘one blog a week’ environment so prioritization and adaptability are key.
In this role you will:
- Understand our ideal customer profile and buyer personas and their goals and challenges
- Develop a full funnel content strategy & associated programs to drive brand awareness, consideration and ultimately to sell the Lily AI technology
- Own content production and development; collaborate with marketing peers for overall marketing planning, distribution, and measurement
- Create relevant, distinctive and emotionally appealing content, on your own and in collaboration with others on the team, that resonates with our target audience and establishes Lily AI as a thought leader in retail technology
- Take pride in content that is purposeful, insightful, original, well-organized, and error-free
- Measure content impact with appropriate metrics; proactively course-correct where and when necessary
- Proactively propose new methods and types based on experience and knowledge of emerging trends; explore new approaches to help Lily AI break out from the content sea of ubiquity
- Ensure content is informed by keyword research, and optimized for organic search rankings and also for distribution channel
- Provide editorial support for brand messaging and product positioning work, as well as news release drafts
What we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years prior experience in content marketing, 3+ years at a SaaS company
- Ability to strike a balance between developing strategy and executing
- Strong writing skills with a drive to produce and deliver high-impact content relevant to our target audience
- Experience partnering with go-to-market teams to execute full funnel B2B demand-generation programs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to bring together cross-functional teams to deliver on business objectives
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail and experience managing several work streams at once
- Self-managed, highly organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Startup scaling experience is preferred
You will stand out if you have:
- Content marketing, demand generation and product marketing experience and a desire to take the lead on the strategy & execution for a varied and robust content program that really drives results
- Storytelling as a part of your DNA
- A love for both the retail industry as well as emerging and modern technology
- An appreciation for the Oxford comma and the power of a well-placed Em Dash
- Prior experience publishing content on website platforms, social platforms, and marketing automation platforms, like WordPress, LinkedIN, Hubspot, etc.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $96,500-150,000 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.