About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail technology company dedicated to empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between brand-speak and customer-speak. Combining visual AI with enterprise-grade product attribution capabilities, Lily enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem, from site search and demand forecasting to SEO, retail media and beyond.
Specifically, Lily AI allows major retailers and brands to:
- Improve the overall digital shopping experience, nurturing more engaged shoppers with higher eCommerce site conversion
- Achieve 8-9 digit revenue lifts
- Assign 10x more attributes for each product - from fit to style, from embellishments to occasion, seasonal and even micro-trends
- Better understand customer shopping dynamics to inform future product development and assortments as well as improve forecasting
At Lily AI, we’re serious when we say that we are committed to creating an amazing culture where each and every team member can thrive. First and foremost, we’re not just colleagues; we’re like a family - known for being caring, encouraging and always going the extra mile to help each other out. It’s startup world and as those who have worked for a startup know, every day is vastly different than the day before and as such, we place premium value on high empathy - both with our team members and our clients, fostering an environment where we listen and support each other through challenges and triumphs alike.
And speaking of the startup world, every single employee, without exception, is offered stock options because we believe everyone should be rewarded for their hard work and drive for results.
And speaking of results, earlier this Spring, we were honored to be included in the prestigious Top 100 Retail Tech Companies list released by CB Insights. While that was a proud moment, our proudest achievement is the top ratings we consistently receive from our own employees as reflected on Comparably.
Join us on our journey to transforming the world of digital commerce!
In this role, you will:
Guide the technical strategy at Lily, supporting our globally distributed engineering teams working on machine learning, backend services, and internal tools.
- Leverage your experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems to level up our platform, guiding key upgrade and migration initiatives.
- Mentor our engineers in creating solid technical proposals, resolving disagreements, and documenting important decisions. Grow the next generation of Staff and Principal Engineers at Lily.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on long term team capacity and roadmap planning, communicating the business impact of investments in our technical strategy.
- Expose engineers to potentially valuable new technologies, evolving industry best practices, and other ideas that improve our solutions.
- Maintain high operational awareness of our entire platform and participate in assessing and resolving incidents.
What we consider critical for this role:
- 15+ years experience driving challenging technical projects
- 8+ years experience with Java development.
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering organizations, utilizing async and live communication to scale your role.
- Experience architecting distributed systems using fully managed solutions in Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience scaling large scale data processing systems leveraging relational databases, work queues, streaming, and caching technologies.
- Experience leading technical migrations of legacy systems and continuous improvement of tools and infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience mentoring others in the same.
- Master's in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $195,250 - $264,500 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.
Currently, we are hiring from the following states—(candidates must be in current residence or open to relocating):
- California ● Florida ● Georgia ● Illinois ● Massachusetts ● Minnesota ● Nevada ● New Jersey ● New York ● North Carolina ● Rhode Island● Tennessee ● Texas ● Virginia ● Washington ● Utah