Lead Merchandise Analyst, Fashion
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail technology company dedicated to empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between brand-speak and customer-speak. Combining visual AI with enterprise-grade product attribution capabilities, Lily enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem, from site search and demand forecasting to SEO, retail media and beyond.
Specifically, Lily AI allows major retailers and brands to:
- Improve the overall digital shopping experience, nurturing more engaged shoppers with higher eCommerce site conversion
- Achieve 8-9 digit revenue lifts
- Assign 10x more attributes for each product - from fit to style, from embellishments to occasion, seasonal and even micro-trends
- Better understand customer shopping dynamics to inform future product development and assortments as well as improve forecasting
At Lily AI, we’re serious when we say that we are committed to creating an amazing culture where each and every team member can thrive. First and foremost, we’re not just colleagues; we’re like a family - known for being caring, encouraging and always going the extra mile to help each other out. It’s startup world and as those who have worked for a startup know, every day is vastly different than the day before and as such, we place premium value on high empathy - both with our team members and our clients, fostering an environment where we listen and support each other through challenges and triumphs alike.
And speaking of the startup world, every single employee, without exception, is offered stock options because we believe everyone should be rewarded for their hard work and drive for results.
And speaking of results, earlier this Spring, we were honored to be included in the prestigious Top 100 Retail Tech Companies list released by CB Insights. While that was a proud moment, our proudest achievement is the top ratings we consistently receive from our own employees as reflected on Comparably.
Join us on our journey to transforming the world of digital commerce!
We are looking for a Lead Fashion Merchandise Analyst to join our team! This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of personalization & contribute to products built on a shopper’s emotional context.
In this role, you will:
- Label and audit image data attributes using internal programs for automation training
- Analyze and identify patterns and trends within large data sets
- Provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling, and to improve data quality
- Interpret data and extract actionable insights for automation improvements
- Tackle incoming tasks within a short timeframe
- Guide small teams towards goals, using productivity tracking, concise feedback, and success metrics.
- Lead projects with limited direction and quickly adapt to changing timelines and priorities
- Collaborate and problem solve in meetings and be the voice for the Fashion Domain Team
- Learn and retain Lily’s dictionary of fashion merchandise attributes to quickly become a Fashion product Category Expert
- Receive, retain, and grow from in-depth team feedback. Provide constructive feedback on a daily basis to peers.
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to execute prospective account demos and provide expert fashion knowledge and assistance during customer calls.
- Help develop and expand our current Fashion taxonomy in multiple languages
- Perform quality assurance on account data pre and post project delivery
What we consider critical for the role:
- 2-5 years experience in the Fashion industry required
- Experience in image or data labeling and analysis preferred
- Ability to share expert knowledge and research skills about specific Fashion products, current trends, brands, and retailers
- Fashion & Styling terminology required (Passion for fashion!)
- Empathy for the online consumer - ability to improve the shopper experience to guide your decision making
- Ability to maintain sharp focus, even with repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Tech savvy - knowledgeable and very comfortable in G Suite and MS Office
- Meticulous: Careful and attentive to detail, spots discrepancies quickly
Communication, Teamwork, & Leadership
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
- Comfortable working with key stakeholders across teams and communicating requirements, deliverables, issues, and risks
- Must be a team player and eager to learn
- Highly engaged during meetings, ability to problem solve, and consider all ideas
- Experience leading, facilitating, and executing projects from A-Z
- Strong organization skills or administrative functions such as managing reports and databases, implementing and improving procedures
- Willingness to work an 8 hour workday sometime between the hours of 7am-5pm PST (i.e. 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm)
- Ability to take a given process and quickly streamlined new approach for efficiency
- Flexible and adaptive to frequently changing priorities and workflows. Willing to support multiple parallel projects, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Highly self-directed and motivated to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work atmosphere such as a start-up environment
- Curious, not afraid to seek help or ask questions in order to grasp the why behind processes and follow technical concepts around data maintenance
- You are a proactive problem solver across teams. You are resourceful and offer up short and long-term solutions while raising issues. Follow-through and integrity is important to you.
Bonus points if:
- Previous experience in fashion retail or merchandising (A plus!)
- Willing to travel occasionally to the California Bay Area
Currently, we are hiring from the following states—(candidates must be in current residence or open to relocating):
- California ● Florida ● Georgia ● Illinois ● Massachusetts ● Minnesota ● Nevada
- New Jersey ● New York ● North Carolina ● Rhode Island● Tennessee ● Texas
- Virginia ● Washington ● Utah
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $21-25 USD per hour, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.
Something looks off?