Senior Applied Scientist, Machine Learning
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail technology company dedicated to empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between brand-speak and customer-speak. Combining visual AI with enterprise-grade product attribution capabilities, Lily enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem, from site search and demand forecasting to SEO, retail media and beyond.
Specifically, Lily AI allows major retailers and brands to:
- Improve the overall digital shopping experience, nurturing more engaged shoppers with higher eCommerce site conversion
- Achieve 8-9 digit revenue lifts
- Assign 10x more attributes for each product - from fit to style, from embellishments to occasion, seasonal and even micro-trends
- Better understand customer shopping dynamics to inform future product development and assortments as well as improve forecasting
At Lily AI, we’re serious when we say that we are committed to creating an amazing culture where each and every team member can thrive. First and foremost, we’re not just colleagues; we’re like a family - known for being caring, encouraging and always going the extra mile to help each other out. It’s startup world and as those who have worked for a startup know, every day is vastly different than the day before and as such, we place premium value on high empathy - both with our team members and our clients, fostering an environment where we listen and support each other through challenges and triumphs alike.
And speaking of the startup world, every single employee, without exception, is offered stock options because we believe everyone should be rewarded for their hard work and drive for results.
And speaking of results, earlier this Spring, we were honored to be included in the prestigious Top 100 Retail Tech Companies list released by CB Insights. While that was a proud moment, our proudest achievement is the top ratings we consistently receive from our own employees as reflected on Comparably.
Join us on our journey to transforming the world of digital commerce!
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Machine Learning Scientist to join our team and contribute to the development and deployment of cutting-edge machine learning models and algorithms. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems, improve existing systems, and push the boundaries of what is possible with machine learning.
In this role, you will:
As part of the Machine Learning team, you will have the opportunity to reimagine and build the next-generation personalization that enables brands and retailers to understand the cognitive attributes of customers online and the 'why' behind 'what they do' in their journey by pushing the boundaries of our ML systems and algorithms.
- Using proven techniques in computer vision and NLP to solve business challenges in the domain of deep product attribution, item setup and demand forecasting.
- Conduct research on the latest machine learning techniques, tools, and frameworks to identify and recommend potential improvements to existing models and systems.
- Design and perform experiments to validate and refine model performance, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Assist in the development of production-ready code and integrate machine learning models into existing systems and workflows.
- Define the training-data roadmap for various ML tasks.
- Continuously monitor and analyze model performance in production, identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and advancements in the field of machine learning.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders for various org initiatives.
- Facilitate customer POCs and attend to escalations.
What we consider critical for this role:
- 3+ years of experience in building large scale machine learning solutions.
- Expertise in Python and PyTorch.
- Experience with Large Language/Multi-Modal Models.
- Experience with ML frameworks & platforms like Weights & Biases, PyTorch Lightning and HuggingFace.
- Experience in data wrangling and preprocessing techniques.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like Azure.
- Familiarity with distributed systems.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $160,000-$175,000 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.
Something looks off?