Senior Systems Engineer
Remote · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
About this role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology on one of the most interesting and impactful problems of the decade. The software we build will be deployed on vehicles at scale, making driving more convenient and saving lives.
- Develop and tune drivers for sensors and actuators on consumer-grade vehicles
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM (auto manufacturer) vehicles
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets
- Integrate Helm software into OEM middleware
- Design and implement bench testing frameworks for Helm software
- Work closely with AV engineers and Research engineers to deploy AI software to embedded devices
- Lead efforts to design and follow functional safety best practices
- Significant experience with C++ and QNX in an automotive (or related) context
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Has general experience with CUDA and TensorRT in an embedded context
- At least 5 years of professional experience in systems engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
What we offer:
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast paced AI technology startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage options.
- Assorted perks, including: gym-membership stipend, 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come.
Please apply using the link below.