Autonomous Vehicle Engineer
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop sensor fusion, path planning, and control algorithms across the spectrum of L2+, L3, and L4 products and software demonstrations.
- Develop new sensor fusion algorithms to integrate Helm perception functionality into the driving system, focused on automotive-grade radar and lidar, including next-generation sensors.
- Use Helm cloud computing abstractions to design and implement algorithm validation software at scale, for testing new functionalities.
- Provide design guidance for effective simulation testing of algorithms.
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles.
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets and middleware.
- Work with systems engineers to make the integrations a reality.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has prior experience with sensor fusion and path planning, or related mathematical problems.
- Has experience designing mathematical models for integrating noisy measurements to produce useful control signals.
- Has engineering experience integrating numerical algorithms into embedded platforms as well as simulation test harnesses.
- Is fluent in Python and familiar with C++.
- Has general experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python, or Julia.
- Is familiar with real time / embedded operating systems.
- Is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Has earned a BS/MS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science.
- Has at least four years of industry experience with planning or sensor fusion.
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast growing tech startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance options.
- Assorted perks, including: daily in-office free dinner, gym-membership stipend, yearly company retreats (post-COVID), 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come as we scale the team.
Please apply using the link below.