Machine Learning Engineer
We help make autonomous technologies more efficient, safer, and accessible.
Helm.ai builds AI software for autonomous driving and robotics. Our "Deep Teaching" methodology is uniquely data and capital efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional approaches. Our unsupervised learning software can train neural networks without the need for human annotation or simulation and is hardware-agnostic. We work with some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers and we've raised over $70M from Honda, Goodyear Ventures, Mando, and others to help us scale.
Our team is made up of people with a diverse set of experiences in software and academia. We work together towards one common goal: to integrate the software you'll help us build into hundreds of millions of vehicles.
You will collaborate with researchers to perform research operations using existing infrastructure. You will use your judgment in complex scenarios and help apply standard techniques to a wide variety of technical problems. Specifically, you will:
- Characterize neural network quality, failure modes, and edge cases based on research data
- Maintain awareness of current trends in relevant areas of research and technology
- Coordinate with researchers and accurately convey status of experiments
- Manage a large number of concurrent experiments and make accurate time estimates with respect to deadlines
- Review experimental results and suggest theoretical or process improvements for future iterations
- Write technical reports indicating qualitative and quantitative results to external parties
- A sense of practical optimism: not all experiments are successful, but the ones that are more than make up for it!
- Proficiency in Python
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues and a variety of audience
- Introspection, thoughtfulness, and detail-orientation
The following are a plus, but not required:
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a related field and/or 3+ years of experience in a directly related field
- Experience reading research papers and implementing the techniques therein
- Computer vision and deep learning experience
- Competitive health insurance options
- 401K plan management
- Remote-friendly and flexible team culture
- Free lunch and fully-stocked kitchen in our South Bay office
- Additional perks: monthly wellness stipend, office set up allowance, company retreats, and more to come as we scale
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade
Helm.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Helm.ai are considered the property of Helm.ai and are not subject to payment of agency fees.