Machine Learning Ops
Software Engineering, Operations
Remote · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
Under supervision of research and software engineers, this position performs research operations using existing infrastructure. Requires strong judgment in complex scenarios and an ability to understand and apply standard techniques to a wide variety of problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Qualitatively characterize quality, failure modes, and edge cases based on research data
● Maintain awareness of current trends in relevant areas of research and technology
● Coordinate with researchers and accurately convey status of experiments
● Manage a large number of concurrent experiments and make accurate time estimates with respect to deadlines
● Review experimental results and suggest theoretical or process improvements for future iterations
● Write technical reports indicating qualitative and quantitative results to external parties
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Basic coding skills, including proficiency in Python
● Awareness of basic scientific methods and experimental design
● Possession of a valid driver’s license or independent knowledge of basic road rules and signals
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Master’s or Ph.D. in a related field and/or 3+ years of experience in a directly related field
● Experience reading research papers and implementing the techniques therein
● Computer vision and deep learning experience
Please apply using the link below.