Intermediate Fullstack Software Engineer
Who we are
Founded in 2016, Guiker-归壳 is modernizing the residential real estate industry through technology that simplifies the tenant-landlord relationship, providing convenient tools for every step of the rental process. In doing so, we are enabling individual property owners to remove themselves from the day-to-day and focus on their long-term investment goals.
An economic empowerment platform, Guiker has helped thousands of small landlords generate more income while helping tenants from more than 50 countries find a new home. Our mission is to make real estate accessible to everyone and open doors for those who refuse to settle.
We're looking for someone who is results-oriented, and that truly believes that collaboration, efficiency, and transparency will lead us to achieve great results.
If you do not tick all the boxes below, but you're a smart, motivated, and resourceful person, please apply, we might have a seat for you.
What will you do?
- To take ownership of a feature from concept to production. You will most likely not work alone on the feature, but you'll be involved in every step of the project. Expect to do some backend development, some front-end development, some improvements in our CI/CD pipeline, some architectural design, etc.
- To be pro-active. You'll be responsible to communicate regularly about your task (Daily basis, sprint basis), to estimate them, to plan your workload, and collaborate with the rest of the team to gather all the necessary requirements
- To be part of generating new product and feature ideas, collaborate with product managers and designers, and share your knowledge and experience with the team;
- To mentor more junior developers from the team
- To work on architectural aspect of feature with other team members
What we're looking for?
You'll be a good candidate if you
- Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Have professional experience working with a modern front-end framework (React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Have professional experience developing APIs (Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java... )
- Have professional experience working with a Cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Are a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Are comfortable working in an iterative software development process
- Have good communication skills (English)
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Have experience owning a project from concept to production
It would be nice if you
- Have professional experience with TypeScript
- Have professional experience with React
- Have professional experience with MongoDB
- Have professional experience with AWS
- Have professional experience with CI/CD
- Have professional experience with more than one programming language
- Have professional experience with distributed systems, micro-services, and / or event driven architecture
- Have knowledge or interest in AWS Lambda / APIGateway (With Serverless Framework, AWS SAML, or other)
- Have knowledge or interest in Infrastructure as Code (AWS CDK, Terraform, or others
Our hiring process
If you're interested in this opportunity and even if you don't meet all those requirements, contact us, we definitely want to speak with you.
As a company, we value transparency and efficiency. Thus, it's fair to be transparent about our hiring process, and what we'll expect from you.
Step 1: 30-60m video call to get to know each other better (with 1 person);
Step 2: We'll send you a home assessment to do at home;
Step 3: 60mn video call with other members of the team to deep dive into the assessment task to discuss our values and your past experiences (with 2 people);
Step 5: 30-60mn video call with our CEO;
Something looks off?