Director of Content Production (Video/Photo)
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp, you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The FightCamp iOS app holds over 1,000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We’ve quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the connected fitness market. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We’re committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for sustainable growth.
FightCamp (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
About the Role of Director of Production
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Production to lead our production team and oversee the end-to-end production of high-quality video content. The Director of Production will be a part of FightCamp’s Product Team and will lead the creation of content for use within the app and also for marketing purposes. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cinematography, lighting, and audio, as well as expertise in Adobe software programs including Premiere Pro, Lightroom, and Photoshop. The ideal candidate will also have expertise with studio management, building studio spaces and managing studio operations including but not limited to building and managing content storage protocols and production gear management.
What You Will Do
- Develop and manage the entire creative process from pre-production to post-production
- Ideate, strategize and develop video concepts that align with the client’s brand values
- Manage the content production team, including contractors and employees, and coach them to improve their skills
- Hire and onboard new team members when necessary
- Manage budgets, track expenses, and provide budget reporting to the team
- Manage timelines and deadlines, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Build and refine studio processes to increase efficiency and productivity
- Use project management tools such as Asana to manage tasks and workflows
- Ensure that all video content is of high quality and meets the client’s specifications
- Innovate on all current processes and methods employed by FightCamp’s production team
- Expert level understanding of cinematography, lighting, and audio
- Proficiency in Adobe software programs including Premiere Pro, Lightroom, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of other video production tools and software such as After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, or Final Cut Pro
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate unique and innovative ideas
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptability and the ability to handle last-minute changes and unexpected situations
- Understanding of marketing and branding principles to develop video content that resonates with target audiences
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan for US-based employees
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Fitness subsidies
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.