Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Emerge is a consumer technology company building a future where distance and time don’t stand in the way of feeling connected.
Starting with a new product category that enables the sense of touch and emotion sharing in the virtual world, the Emerge Wave-series (beta launched and sold out in 2022) emits ultrasound forcefields to create tactile sensations users can feel with bare hands - no gloves or controllers needed. This platform unlocks new possibilities for real-time social interaction across distance and time, where friends and families can play, create, and feel physical and emotional connection in a virtual social space (AR/VR/3D). Imagine a virtual high five, holding another person's hand, or giving someone a soothing caress from across the world.
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, CA, Emerge is backed by venture capital firms including M13 and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Vulcan Capital, and other notable investors such as former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, leading Metaverse author Matthew Ball, and co-founders of Blizzard Entertainment, Twitch and Riot Games.
We are proud of our impact-focused and diverse team - we're 70% immigrants and first-generation Americans. We are former entrepreneurs and leaders in tech that have brought several products to market in the fields of consumer electronics, metaverse and gaming, and are passionate about mental and social wellness.
1. Our core values are empathy, respect, and humility.
2. The human experience drives our decisions across the entire company.
3. We value diversity of thought and the pre-established is challenged.
4. We are resourceful and believe in making the impossible possible.
5. We believe in transparency, quality and organization, and data-based decision making.
6. We move fast, celebrate every step, and take care of each other.
7. We're committed to serving our communities, and we take a stand on pressing social issues.
8. We never forget the why.
REPORTS TO SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT
Are you ready to drive a new experience with innovative mediums and help people to connect and share meaningful moments? More importantly, are you passionate for what you do, with the ambition to push creative and technology limits?
As a Senior Producer at Emerge, you will own the schedule and the outcomes. You will be responsible for leading development projects and working internally and with external partners on one of the most influential experiences the world has ever seen.
We are looking for a self-motivated and organized hands-on leader with great follow-through skills with the ability to prioritize and execute on complex organization milestones. You are well versed in organizing processes, allowing the designers and developers to focus on what they do best. You will create project plans, drive production, and track schedules to ensure experiences are executed according to the schedule. Providing transparent communication with key stakeholders from initial scope, launch, and post-mortems.
You thrive in a team environment and are considered a great team player as this role will require a high-level of ownership and teamwork to achieve the company’s strategic objectives. Not to mention the excitement of working within the Metaverse on VR products and creating experiences.
- Responsible for excellence in all day-to-day aspects of production from initial concept to launch
- Build and own project plans and schedules, identifying dependencies across internal/external development teams and content/IP partners to drive accountability of development goals and ensure successful releases.
- Communicate extensively with stakeholders to provide transparency on project status, feedback, risks, and opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead the review, feedback, and approval of milestone submissions with content IP partners.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes, and practices, enabling the team to create high quality work on time and efficiently.
- 6+ years of experience in software application and/or game development.
- TV, film, video, or advertising production experience is not applicable.
- Full lifecycle experience developing and operating in AR/VR applications and/OR PC, console, or mobile games.
- Have shipped one or more titles.
- Previous experience as a Producer; managing cross-functional teams to create and deliver complex projects.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with brand/IP partners, navigating through approval hurdles to successfully launch a cohesive end product.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software development process, game development, and project management practices.
- Solid project and time management skills with a proven ability to organize teams, set priorities, solve multifaceted problems.
- Extraordinary communication and organization skills; interpersonal and leadership ability to drive high velocity and high impact development cycles.
- Strong passion about new technologies and AR/VR. The Metaverse excites you.
- You feel comfortable in a high-paced, changing environment associated with an early-stage startup; that is adept at managing through dynamic situations, quickly.
- Prior experience with AAA development processes, live game services, and multiplayer games.
- Ability to conceptualize interesting and achievable VR interactions and gamify mechanics.
NICE TO HAVE
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Stock Options and Competitive Salary based on experience with growth opportunities
- Premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance, Health Savings Account or Flexible Savings Account
- 401(k) Account
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Full Paid Parental Leave policy
- Career Development and Training
**Emerge is an equal opportunity employer. Emerge recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe, in order to succeed as a company, Emerge must be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to do their best work. In hiring, we seek out new and unique voices, and uphold a workplace environment of inclusivity. Diversity is more than a commitment at Emerge - it is the foundation of what we do.
See more open positions at Emerge
Something looks off?