Second Line Engineer
Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world.To learn more about us click here.
Job Title: Second Line Engineer
Reports to: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Office Bangalore
Work Allocation: US Hours
Key Relationships: Operations Team, Sales Team
To support all Easyship customers by responding and providing technical assistance and support to the customer. You will also be ensuring Easyship services have the reliability and up-time to meet the needs of the growing customer base
What you’ll do:
- Technical Support
- Provide first-line technical support to customers through platforms like Zendesk and Jira.
- Addressing technical issues, troubleshooting problems raised by customers and providing resolution. Prioritize and escalate issues to higher-level support or relevant teams as necessary.
- Collaboration and Communication.
- Ticket Resolution and Closure
- Update the status of assigned tickets promptly to reflect the current progress of issue resolution.
- Ensure all incoming technical tickets are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure that ticket resolutions are accurately documented, and all relevant information is captured.
- Proactively follow up with end-users to confirm the successful resolution of their issues.
- Close loops on resolved tickets to prevent recurring problems and gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge Sharing & Create internal documentation to educate and share on how to address common user issues.
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various technologies supported by the team.
Who you are:
- An empathetic approach and a passion to help people
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience in a technical support role
- Excellent communication skills.
- CRM software knowledge e.g. Zendesk/Salesforce
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Good command of Google and Office Suites
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Equity Package: Earn more than just a competitive salary. Receive equity shares to gain wealth as the company grows.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We think time off is essential… and we encourage it!
- Duvet Day: Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
- Mental Health Day: You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
- 4 weeks of ‘Work from Anywhere’: Whether you’re working from the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas or by the fireplace on your ski trip in Switzerland - just make sure to send us a picture!
- Professional Development: We’re here to help you hit your career goals to help get you where you want to be.
- Company issued laptop: Who wants to work from their personal laptop? Let’s keep work and personal life separate!
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Toronto, and Taipei – our team is global and growing. We encourage you to apply if a challenge excites you. Come and join the Easyship team!
Get to know our Customer Service team: