Backend Software Engineer
Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We’re already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
Some of the responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of complex projects
- Serve as a technical resource on best practices for API development with a primary focus on REST-style APIs
- Use data and user feedback to identify, design, and improve Burq’s user experience to ensure clients are able to quickly and delightfully perform their mission-critical delivery needs
- Uphold our high engineering standards and improve our practices in engineering, security, and design
- Minimum Experience 3 years in development.
- You want to get involved in the early days of building a highly-scalable platform with a strong market presence.
- You have experience in Node Js.
- You are comfortable working with frameworks including, SQL, NoSQL, REST APIs, or AWS.
- You have experience building micro services and crafting APIs. Experience with Git / Github.
- You are comfortable working on an Agile team.
- Nice to have: Knowledge in Python, Java or GO.
Investing in you 🙏
- Competitive salary
- Educational courses
Generous Time Off 🏝
At Burq, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.