Software / API Integration Engineer
Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We’re already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
API Integration Engineer
As an API Integration Engineer at Burq, you will be joining a team of talented engineers working together to transform the way businesses offer on-demand & same-day delivery. You will be part of an emerging team that is building a product to power millions of businesses with their delivery needs.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor of science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working professionally designing and developing highly scalable software systems.
- 5+ years of experience in REST API design for extensibility and portability, development and, integration of data sources, other APIs, and databases
- 3+ years of experience in NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and at least one of these relational databases: MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Jira or a similar issue-tracking system.
- Experience in an AGILE/SCRUM development environment.
- Experience with code versioning tools like GIT and participating in code reviews.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming/promises and its application.
- Strong understanding of user authentication, user authorization, and security compliance between environments, servers, and other systems using OAuth.
- API Documentation automated generation and manual additions.
- Writing testable, efficient, and reusable code via unit testing and end-to-end automated testing in frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, and Selenium.
- An excellent ability to debug and fix issues.
- Skilled in problem-solving with data structures, design patterns, and algorithms, and how they apply to the scalability of applications.
- Skilled in code refactoring, best practices, design principles, and object-oriented programming.
- Skilled in time management with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent communicator, flexible team player, independent thinking, strong in the documentation that has experience working with teams in different time zones.
- Has humility and isn’t afraid to ask questions while understanding the criticality of releases.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced global engineering environment with continuous innovation.
- A willingness to go above and beyond to solve problems and tackle dynamic challenges.
- Strong customer service and client-facing skills and brings a positive attitude and energy.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Experience in one of these frameworks: ExpressJS, NestJS
- Experience in one of these frameworks: Angular, React, or Vue
- Experience in HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- You will build a strategy for the integrations of our third party clients using the principles of scalability, quality, reusability, and security.
- You will improve and refactor existing API endpoints while also building new ones.
- You will improve the reliability of our API through unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- You will understand and solve integration needs between numerous applications and data sources.
- You will be planning the end-to-end development of our integrations ranging from high-level architecture all the way to code implementation while participating in a fast-paced global agile environment.
- You will communicate with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders to understand the business goal and technical work going into the integrations.
- You will have a deep understanding of feature break-downs, story pointing, and delivery of the integrations.
- You will work with new technologies in order to design highly scalable software which achieves our desired functionality.
- You will create documentation and be a champion of our integrations as the company is rapidly growing.
Investing in you 🙏
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity
- Option to work fully remotely or in-person
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Reimbursement for educational courses
Generous Time Off 🏝
Workstation setup stipend 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
At Burq, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.