Full-Stack Software Engineer
Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We’re already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
Full-Stack Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Burq, you will be joining a team of talented engineers working together to transform the way businesses offer on-demand & same-day delivery. You will be part of an emerging team that is building a product to power millions of businesses with their delivery needs.
Who are we looking for:
- You want to get involved in the early days of building a highly-scalable platform with a strong market presence.
- You are comfortable working with frameworks including, SQL, NoSQL, REST APIs, or AWS.
- You have experience building micro services and crafting APIs. Experience with Git / Github.
- You are comfortable working on an Agile team.
- Nice to have: Knowledge in Python, Java or GO.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of complex projects
- Serve as a technical resource on best practices for API development with a primary focus on REST-style APIs
- Use data and user feedback to identify, design, and improve Burq’s user experience to ensure clients are able to quickly and delightfully perform their mission critical delivery needs
- Uphold our high engineering standards and improve our practices in engineering, security, and design
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Have four or more years of experience in full time software development or similar role
- Have a strong technical background, with two or more years of experience building impactful end to end products
- Enjoy being a generalist working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
Investing in you 🙏
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity
- Option to work fully remotely or in-person
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Reimbursement for educational courses
Generous Time Off 🏝
Workstation setup stipend 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
At Burq, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.